27 April 2012

30 Days of Biking, days 11 - 20

With days 5-10 of my 30 Days of Biking taken care of with our tour (day 10 because we got back to London at 12:30am and had to cycle home from the train station), it was time to pick up the normal routine with day 11.

On Day 11, I cycled to work. But, I had forgotten that I had plans to meet some friends for dinner and was a little apprehensive about cycling to it because I didn't know the route. No problem, I left my bike locked up at the office and cycled it home on Day 12 after work!

On Day 13, I would be leaving work early to get on a flight to Spain. So before work, I hopped on the bike for a quick spin around the neigborhood.

Sevici
On Day 14, I was in Sevilla visiting friends, and they were kind enough to let me use their card to try out Sevilla's bike sharing program, Sevici. We were in a rush to catch a train so I could only cycle about 200 meters. Hey, every pedal stroke counts, right?

On Day 15, we were in Granada, and it was rainy and cold. Just before we left to get the train back to Sevilla, I remembered my commtiment to 30 Days of Biking. Luckily, we had been staying with a friend of my friends, who had a bike. I'm ashamed to say I only rode it up and down her hallway!

On Day 16, back in Sevilla, I again rode a Sevici bike - again only for a short ride but I always knew that getting the rides in while in Spain would be a challenge!

Sevici-ing in the park

On Days 17, 18, and 19 I cycled to work and back each day. Nothing special to report about that, except that I probably wouldn't have cycled if not for my commitment because it was rainy and windy the whole time!

On Day 20, Friday, I had the day off from work. We were getting ready for our 300km audax to start at 12:01 on Saturday, and it was predicted to be a rainy night, so I cycled to the bike shop to pick up some Sealskinz waterproof socks, and then to pick up some groceries. Of course there was also the ride from home to Liverpool Street Station in order to get to Manningtree for the Audax.

There were a few days that only barely count as cycling in there, but I think they are balanced out by a few days that I properly cycle to work when I otherwise would have opted for the bus. Home stretch now, 10 days to go!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete